Fiber cement board siding, also known as fiber cement siding, is a great choice for Colorado homeowners for so many reasons. You’ll find homes with cement board siding throughout the Denver metro area, and also in the nearby foothills and mountain communities.
Fiber cement board siding is available in a wide variety of textures and colors to meet the needs of most any aesthetic. It also offers tremendous value because of its durability. Cement board siding is a “composite” material, which means that it’s made from a combination of cement, sand, and cellulose fibers.
Here’s a quick look at the reasons why cement board siding is a great option for Colorado homeowners considering new home siding.
Cement board siding offers:
- A Natural Look & Feel: Cement board siding offers the natural look and feel of wood without the heavy maintenance required for wood siding.
- Longevity: Most cement board siding comes with a 30-year, limited transferable warranty. It’s resistant to rot and insects, as well as Mother Nature (hail & wild fire).
- Many Styles: Cement board siding comes in many different styles and textures such as wood grain.
- Low Maintenance: Cement board siding comes pre-painted, with a rainbow of color options. So you don’t have to paint the siding once it’s installed.
- Hail-resistance: Anyone who’s survived a “Hail-ageddon” storm in Colorado knows how great it is to have siding that’s hail-resistant.
- Fire-resistance: Colorado’s dry spells come and go. But with the lack of snow and rain this winter, both the Denver metro area and foothills & mountain communities are experiencing wild fires. Cement board siding is resistant to fire, which can help protect your home if a grass fire or wild fire occurs near you.
- Woodpecker-resistance: If a woodpecker goes after a wood-sided home, it will be pitted and wrecked in a very short time. But when those pesky birds start pecking at cement board siding, it’s a whole different ball game because the siding is so hard.
- Eco-friendly: Cement board siding utilizes wood fibers that would normally be dumped in a landfill. By incorporating wood fibers into the siding, it makes use of a product that would have been thrown away.
Cement Board Siding: Other Considerations
Durability = More Weight: Cement board siding is one of the most durable home siding options you can choose. This also makes it a very heavy product, which can translate to higher installation costs. A typical cement board siding panel weighs significantly more than vinyl or engineered wood siding. The additional weight of the cement fiber panels usually requires additional labor to install.
Some Maintenance Required: The cement board siding panels themselves typically come with a 30-year warranty and the finish typically features a 15-year warranty. At some point, you may have to repaint cement board siding.
For more detailed information about cement board siding, and other siding options, please access an article about Siding Options in the Superior Products Colorado Knowledge Center.
If you’re considering new home siding, call 303.347.2555, or Email Superior Products Colorado to schedule a free, in-home consultation.